Engineering Manager Fixed Income Trading (Development Director Team Lead Leader Fixed Income Bonds IRS Rates Credit Trading Front Office OTC Exotic Derivatives Amazon Web Service AWS GCP Azure Cloud Equities Java React J2EE Performance Attribution Banking Finance Buy Side Buy-Side PMS Asset Manager Investment) required by our asset management client in London.
You MUST have the following:
- Current or recent experience as a Development Manager/Software Engineering Manager for an Agile team of engineers who deliver applications through the whole development life cycle
- Excellent ability to collaborate and manage the expectations of stakeholders
- Advanced ability as a man-manager including appraisals, performance management, mentoring, recruitment, budgeting and strategy
- Strong knowledge of Fixed Income or equity derivatives trading- this will include an excellent knowledge of derivatives such as futures, options, swaps, forwards etc
- Hands-on experience with cloud technology, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)- even if at home. It does not have to be commercial
- The buy-side- hedge fund, asset management, investment management, wealth manager
The following is DESIRABLE not essential:
- OTC exotic derivatives
- Contributions to the open-source community
- Knowledge of performance and attribution
- Experience building, or adding functionality to, a portfolio management system
Role: Fixed Income Trading Engineering Manager (Development Director Team Lead Leader Fixed Income Bonds IRS Rates Credit Trading Front Office OTC Exotic Derivatives Amazon Web Service AWS GCP Azure Cloud Equities Java React J2EE Performance Attribution Banking Finance Asset Manager Investment) required by our asset management client in London. You will inherit, due to the promotion of the existing manager, a high-performing team of 8 that are 18 months into the creation of a new portfolio management, that focusses on portfolio attribution and is hosted in AWS, built in Java. As the system approaches readiness, you will plan and oversee its deployment to high-yielding portfolios, followed by a range of other products. This is a highly Front Office exposed position and requires an individual that has advanced knowledge in Fixed Income products or complex equity derivatives. There are no business analysts and therefore there is a heightened need for business knowledge. Further, you will be family to, and enjoy, the contact and exposure to, at times, demanding Front Office stakeholders. This will be coupled with a current and enthusiastic approach and knowledge of technology. You will have experience of cloud technologies, whether AWS, GCP or Azure, commercially or non-commercially. You will have an enthusiasm for staying abreast of current technologies, tools and methodologies, even if this role is largely hands-off. As such, part of the interview process will include a pair-programming exercise in a language of your choice.
The team, which will be spread over London and the US, will deliver the solution in Java and React on AWS. You will have a Solutions Architect on your team but, nonetheless, you will be able to perform code and architectural reviews if required.
This is a company with significant technology investment. This means growth in terms of engineering resource and investment into AWS, ML and AI.
Salary: £135k - £170k + 20% Bonus + 10% Pension