MI Analyst needed for a multinational organisation based in Kent who are looking to employ an experienced MI Analyst with an in-depth knowledge of financial services, a proven history of analysing and reporting on core MI for the business. The Successful MI Analyst will have strong Business Objects and SQL experience.
Some of the main duties of the MI Analyst will include:
- Responsibility for the creation, production and interpretation of MI reports to the business
- Accurate and timely core MI reporting
- Consolidation of delivery of key MI around the business into Finance
- Assist the Finance and Market Performance Departments in preparing and presenting results of analysis, incorporation into key business review presentations that highlight key drivers and market trends.
- Work with the Market Performance Department to develop insight that aims to maximise sales and profitability.
- Assist with the implementation of the data warehouse solution in phases to be agreed.
- Various ad-hoc exercises and reports
- Other adhoc analysis/projects as and when required.
- Consider better ways of doing existing tasks. What should the future look like?
In order to be the successful MI Analyst and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Excellence in business analysis
- Business Objects report writing
- Ability to present complex data in an easily accessible way exploiting charts and other visual tools
- Ability to think laterally about how data analyses can yield insight
- Good IT and software skills including a sound understanding of TAURUS & Microsoft Office programmes (Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and analytical tools (e.g. Business Objects & Lumira)
- SQL knowledge and Excel Power Query knowledge would be advantageous, to manipulate databases and manage large data sets.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- SSIS & SSRS are desirable
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a MI Analyst. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!